Most people are familiar with Amazon as one of the leading online retailers in the world, but not many know that they also offer thousands of dollars in the Amazon Scholarship Program to students across the country every year.
If you’re wondering how to apply to the Amazon Scholarship Program and what you need to have in place by the time the application starts, then this is the article for you!
I’ll cover all you need to know about the Amazon Scholarship Program so you can put your best foot forward when it’s time to submit your application
Amazon Scholarship Program
If you’re a high school senior or college student that’s looking for funding, Amazon wants your input and with these content guidelines, you are good to go. They’re currently accepting applications for the company’s scholarship program, which will give away $5,500 in scholarships over the next two years.
Applications are due on June 2nd, so if you want to apply make sure you get your application in as soon as possible. To qualify for the program, applicants must be planning on attending an accredited U.S. college full-time (or have already been accepted).
The application process takes about 10 minutes, and the deadline for submissions is November 30th.
Applicants must also have at least one parent who works at an Amazon warehouse so if you have a family who works there, this is your best bet.
- The scholarship is open to new college freshmen, sophomores, juniors, or seniors.
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 by the time you graduate from high school.
- Applicant must be enrolled in or accepted as a full-time student at an accredited higher educational institution in the United States.
- Submit a completed application form, signed by the parent of each student under 18 years of age who is listed on the application form.
- Eligible students can apply for both awards for a total of $11,000 per year (4 x $2,500 awards).
Award recipients will be notified by email in April. Awards are non-transferable. There is no additional application process.
Amazon Scholarship For Students
The Amazon Scholarship For Students is open to high school seniors who will graduate in the spring of 2022/2023. It provides $5,500 in funding for the recipient’s college tuition at a U.S. four-year institution of their choice.
Applicants can find more information on the scholarship guidelines on the scholarship official website. Interested students must apply as soon as possible before December 31, 2022.
If you are among those who have heard about Amazon’s ongoing commitment to supporting education in America, then you can apply for their scholarship.
The criteria for applying are simple and straightforward, which makes it an excellent opportunity for many students.
Your GPA has to be above 3.0 on a 4.0 scale. and you should have graduated from high school by the spring of 2022 or 2023.
Amazon Computer Science Scholarship
The Amazon Computer Science Scholarships are worth $5,000 each and will be awarded to five recipients in the fall of 2022 or 2023. To apply, you must be a sophomore or junior computer science major at an accredited U.S. college or university.
The application deadline is February 15th, 2023.
Winners will be notified by email on March 15th, with Amazon covering $5,000 in tuition fees as part of their on-campus recruitment program. Successful applicants will also be eligible for an additional $5,000 Amazon Web Services (AWS) credit. Applicant must accept all awards by August 2023
In addition, those who receive an Amazon Computer Science Scholarships award will also have a chance to apply for a three-month paid internship with Amazon Web Services. Candidates can find out more about internships on Amazon’s careers website.
Amazon college scholarship
Amazon is giving away $5,500 worth of scholarships for students who are planning on attending college in the United States or Canada in the fall of 2022 or 2023. It’s open to any student who plans on studying computer science, computer engineering, software engineering, or related fields.
To be eligible you should know the following before applying
- You need to be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident enrolled at a two-year or four-year college in one of these two countries next year.
- You must not have received any other scholarships to qualify for this.
- To be eligible, you must plan on attending a 2-year or 4-year college in one of these two countries next year.
- Your school will verify your enrollment. Amazon will verify that you are an eligible student. Applications close on December 15th!
Amazon Scholarship Application
A scholarship high school senior, graduating from a U.S. high school in the spring of 2022 or 2023; or A first-time college student, enrolling full-time in a U.S. college or university in the fall of 2022 or 2023; and Pursuing an undergraduate degree (bachelor’s) in any discipline are eligible to apply for this scholarship program.
The scholarship grant will be paid in equal installments over four years. In subsequent years, graduates must fund their own education, but may reapply for additional funding if desired (see below).
Amazon Scholarship Program
- The Amazon Scholarship Program offers a full-tuition scholarship for one student per year.
- The program covers tuition for four years of undergraduate study or two years of graduate study.
- The scholarship is renewable for up to four years, based on continued eligibility.
- Amazon will cover 100 percent of the cost of tuition for up to two years for a typical degree program.
- To receive funding for two years of study, students must maintain at least a 3.0 GPA throughout their first year in an Amazon-sponsored master’s program at an accredited university.
- Students who earn a bachelor’s degree with a 3.5 GPA or better from an accredited institution of higher education may be eligible for up to two years of funding for one year of a master’s program at an accredited institution.
- Students who are pursuing master’s degrees should have at least a 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale, according to Amazon’s website.
Applications are accepted once each year in May and October with decisions issued in June and December respectively.
Amazon future engineer/scholarship
The Amazon Future Engineer scholarship program is a great opportunity for high school seniors or college students who are interested in pursuing a career in technology. The $5,500 tuition award can be applied to any accredited 4-year university of your choice.
To be eligible for Amazon’s Future Engineer scholarship program, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be a high school senior or college student;
- Be a legal resident of one of the 50 U.S. states, Washington D.C., or Puerto Rico (for a 4-year university scholarship only);
- Plan on majoring in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, or a related technical field at an accredited 4-year university;
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale;
- Be enrolled full-time at an accredited college or university no later than the spring semester of next year.
- Submit a short essay (250-500 words) answering these questions.
- If you could have one superpower, what would it be and why?
- If you could change one thing about your high school or college experience, what would it be?
- What is the biggest challenge in your daily life, at school or at home? What would you like to change about it?
- If you had $100 million, what would you do with it?
- If you could travel anywhere in one day, where would you go? What would you do when you got there? Who would you bring along?
Tips to make your application stand out.
List your extracurricular activities on your resume.
If you are a member of any clubs or organizations, list them as well. Briefly, be sure to include any leadership positions that you have held in the past. If you are a part of a sports team, be sure to note the position that you played in that sport.
Include a list of your accomplishments.
Do you have any awards that you won? Include any academic honors or recognition that you have received in your resume as well. Think about any volunteer work that you may have done, such as at an animal shelter or for a children’s hospital, and include it as well.
Include any job experience you may have.
If you are applying for a scholarship for Amazon Scholarship2022/2023, be sure to include your part-time job, even if it is not relevant to your intended major. List any past jobs that you have held, including things like mowing lawns or babysitting.
This can help round out your resume and show potential scholarship judges that you have been a hard worker throughout your life.
Include any leadership positions that you have held on your resume.
Did you work in a management position in the past job? Include it on your resume. Did you volunteer for an organization? Include it on your resume. Any leadership roles or awards can help show scholarship judges that you are a hard worker who is willing to take charge of situations, so be sure to include them!
Include a list of any publications you have participated in.
Applicant should include any published work he or she has worked on in the past. This may be a newsletter, newspaper, or any published article. Applicant should also include any award-winning writing he or she has done to increase their chances of being picked.
Include any skills you may have.
Applicants should include any digital skills he or she is very good at. List any software languages that you are proficient in as well. Any relevant skill that you can list on your resume will help show scholarship judges how well-rounded and capable you are, so be sure not to leave anything out!
Make sure you have references.
If you are applying for a scholarship for Amazon 2022/2023, be sure to include any professional references or recommendations. This can include your internship supervisor or boss from a part-time job that you had during high school. Getting a reference from a renowned professor will be good if you have done any independent study.
It’s no doubt that the Amazon Scholarship is one of the most awesome scholarships a student can register for, however, there are lots of scholarships you can register for with little or no effort such as the Niche no essay scholarship.
Check out more about this scholarships on this website