HOW TO WRITE A PERSONAL STATEMENT
BY: Ethelbert Umeh
A Personal Statement is all about PROMOTING yourself:
• Who You Are.
• Why You Are The Right Candidate For The Programme
• Your Background.
• Your Life Changing Experiences Etc.
This is a golden opportunity to talk about yourself (everybody likes talking about themselves). You really need to explain to the university who exactly you are.
While writing your personal statement, you must keep in mind the following:
• Be honest about yourself, and outline every important detail the admission committee wants to know about you.
• Talk about your struggles and triumphs.
• Talk about how your previous life changing experiences have shaped your life and how it will influence your prospective academic journey and career goals.
• Most importantly, captivate the reader’s attention with an interesting story or anecdote from your life. You can begin the personal statement with your favorite or relevant quote from your favourite philosopher, or author.
In a Personal Statement, always introduce an idea that will keep them glued till the end- this is exactly what they are looking for.
FOR MORE ARTICLES, CLICK HERE>>>>